Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Alive and kicking...

Sorry to have been such a bad blogger. I don't suspect this will change for a few more weeks though! Life is good and we are all home and a family of five finally. The flight went ok and I will write more on that and finally seeing Keaton and Chloe after the longest flight EVER in a later post.

It has taken a week to feel 'normal'. Jetlag hit me tough and it doesn't help when you can't just go and 'sleep it off'. Three children with very busy schedules are keeping us on our toes and I am falling into bed each night at 7 or 8pm (at the latest!)

Meg is doing great and and we are working on getting her a pediatrician appointment. With summer holidays upon us it seems like we may be waiting a while. SIGH! I should of taken care of it before we left for Vietnam but with our delay I guess we would of had to reschedule anyhow. Meg took a few nights to get her times turned back around but is now falling back into her 3 nap a day schedule (short naps!) and bedtime around 6:30pm. She loves the activity of our house and has her brother and sister wrapped around her fingers.

Keaton and Chloe have been wonderful helpers and really are enjoying having a baby in the house... Keaton has even helped me change a diaper and Chloe likes to help me with the bottles.

Life is busy. Gotta get going and keep Miss Meg entertained. She certainly lets me know when she requires my undivided attention! ;)

12 comments:

Ellie said...

Sounds wonderful, and I know you are enjoying every hectic moment.

Jules and Danny said...

Hey Leslie,

I've been checking daily, but figured you might have your hands a little bit full... lol. Glad to here things are settling down and Meg is settling in. I will definitely be down to visit before the summer is out.

Jules

Anonymous said...

Leslie, glad to hear that you finally made it home! What a trip!

I'm also glad you're back to blogging.

Potentially good news here - we're conditionally #1 for our baby girl - so keep your fingers crossed it will be sooner rather than later, especially since times to travel have increased.

Carol

Tracy said...

Congratulations on completing your adoption. I haven't checked your blog in ages and was thrilled to read you finally have your little girl!
Take care,
Tracy (US)
Mom to 3 cuties from VN

Catherine said...

Welcome Home!!! Happy to hear you are beginning to settle. Looking forward to more when life is more your own. That should be about 18 - 20 years from now, right?!!

Diana said...

Was wondering how you were making out. Glad all is well and you are settling fine.
I'm sure all your children were thrilled you were finally home so you all could be together!

stollmyheart said...

glad to know all is well! welcome home. can't wait to hear more about the kids meeting meg for the first time!

Becky said...

How wonderful you all are home and settling in. Can't wait to hear more about the trip and see pictures of your three beautiful children.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are doing well.
Weird that you cant get a dr. appt.

Julie and Dean said...

So glad you are home and all is well! I loved following your journey :)

Julie said...

I'm so happy to hear you are home and doing well! I really enjoyed following your journey. Meg is so precious!

Tara said...

OH LESLIE....I am SO happy for you and your family! I completely understand how you feel - it's been 2 months and I still can't seem to find my balance with 2 now!!! I hope to see a photo of your family of 5 or the 3 kids soon!!!

Take care...